What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've posted on here before with a dc clamp meter my mechman pushing over 200amp's with everything on and my aftermarket amp running.
that was with everything on that can you possibly turn on+ amp and subsi
one could monitor dc amps with a external clamp like this one to meter that can read it, you just run extra leads to inside the vehicle
$27 on amazon

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've posted on here before with a dc clamp meter my mechman pushing over 200amp's with everything on and my aftermarket amp running.
that was with everything on that can you possibly turn on+ amp and subsi
one could monitor dc amps with a external clamp like this one to meter that can read it, you just run extra leads to inside the vehicle
$27 on amazon

I do have a clamp meter so will try that next time everything is hooked up.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
huh. I guess I just expected it to read current at all times. mine being overly complicated BS shows the current of everything all the time haha.

oh well, external clamp it is.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the new idler pulley on today and it solved the binding and noise I was hearing. Funny thing is the bearing on the old one felt okay when I was turning it by hand but it was definitely the problem. The new one was made in Canada.

I also installed an ICT Billet oil cooler block off plate on the ‘07. Hopefully that solves my oil leak problem. I drove it for a half hour or so and it seems to no longer be leaking. Time will tell.

IMG_7589.jpeg

Reaction score
Got the new idler pulley on today and it solved the binding and noise I was hearing. Funny thing is the bearing on the old one felt okay when I was turning it by hand but it was definitely the problem. The new one was made in Canada.

I also installed an ICT Billet oil cooler block off plate on the ‘07. Hopefully that solves my oil leak problem. I drove it for a half hour or so and it seems to no longer be leaking. Time will tell.

View attachment 426965
Does the '07 not have an oil cooler?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been "tuning" my 2012 6l80. Swapping maps back and forth driving about a week now..
Have tried '15 tahoe and '18 silverado settings. The '15+ shift schedule is better, other than earlier 0-20% throttle 2-3 shift. (about 1mph, can notice!)

(2018 probably the same, but I don't have a file with 3.08 gears)

More important is the shift feel. (because I have NO IDEA how to tune that!)
Doing just the shift scheduling and torque adder maps, doesn't really change the shift feel.

But after 'updating' transition times, inertia tables, oncoming/offgoing preset pressures, and desired output torque factor, the shift feels better to me..
Flatter more level feeling shifts, and I used to commonly get a 2-3 rear end clunk when letting of throttle, that -seems- reduced or gone.

The '18 silverado tune seemed a little crisper, but I figure I better stick with the '15 tahoe tune.
(the '18 tune had desired output torque factor zero'd for 1-2 and 2-3 shifts, and transition times little faster than the '15.)

I thought it was in my head, but after swappping back and forth a few times, I'm feeling good about running the new settings..

...other than 1-2 and 5-6 volume changes (about 1/2 of original number) so I wonder if they threw in an extra clutch or changed something else..
I did run one tune with updated volumes, and it seemed to run OK, but have since been running stock volume settings...

For some reason my Output shaft speed does not show up in VCM scanner (hptuners) but does show up on Tech2..
Anyone else using hptuners?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preinternet