What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Driver floor is where mine got wet also. Definately take a look under the cowl. I hope that's it, I probably won't know for quite some time...
I believe I have seen another thread, where they had a leak further down the side of the cowl edge. Same issue, bad caulk job, wet floor.
Good job thanks for sharing. Will keep at it in investigation. Don't want this floor to start rotting out for damn sure.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, plastic corner pieces pop right off. Center is a little more work with wipers and reaching that far into engine compartment, but not too bad.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the rubber back flood mats can keep the carpet, well mainly the padding under it from drying for way longer than I expected. finally had to pull the carpet back shove some towel under it and give it a few days.

hate water leaks!

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep :) hoping to get better pictures before long.
Got tired of the side view, thinking I need to raise the back 1" since I have the 2.5" lift spacers up front...

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I flipped the struts back under the A arms with the Grade 9 hardware. No spacers. Dropped the front down another 2+". Camber is off but I used my home made toe plates to get her straight on toe. (Best thing I ever made, HUGE difference making fast toe adjustments.)

Test drive was very awesome. Also removed the front CV shafts and bolted the stub shafts back into the hubs. Previous fender measurement was 34" with the 2" drop spindles. Will see how she settles in and will work on the rear drop when time permits. Trying to make baby steps. I did some highway running and full lock turns in a parking lot at work. No rubbing so far. Will be ordering some shorter front sway bar links to bring that bar angle down a bit.

IMG_6769.JPG

IMG_6770.JPG

IMG_6771.JPG

IMG_6772.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxandpj