What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Runfor5

Reaction score
All - Appreciate the insight on the alternator incl. the potential for newer/higher amp rating ones! Ultimately however, given the potential upside should a problem arise during road tripping, I ended up going with the Carquest Premium 160-amp through Advance ($200 after the $10 core charge). Should I have kept my old one for $10? Lol yes, but alas, I did not :/
Installed the new one last weekend + replaced the AC belt (the prior one was starting to fray).

IMG_9043.jpg
IMG_9044.jpg
IMG_9046.jpg

Runfor5

Reaction score
My cooling system refresh parts have begun arriving! The Denso radiator came in today. Thermostat, thermostat housing, and radiator hoses earlier this week. Now I'm just waiting on the water pump and heater hoses (the auxiliary "inlet" and "outlet" if I recall, one of which is the metal 3-way/"T" fitting from Dorman labeled as an "OE Solution" since the factory "T" there is plastic I believe).

I'm sure this will be a 1-2 day job. I'm debating doing the oil and/or trans cooler lines at the same time (both have been in our basement for 2+ years now LOL) since I'll be disconnecting them from the old radiator anyhow... just spiraling already smh.

Grady_Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All - Appreciate the insight on the alternator incl. the potential for newer/higher amp rating ones! Ultimately however, given the potential upside should a problem arise during road tripping, I ended up going with the Carquest Premium 160-amp through Advance ($200 after the $10 core charge). Should I have kept my old one for $10? Lol yes, but alas, I did not :/
Installed the new one last weekend + replaced the AC belt (the prior one was starting to fray).

View attachment 427627
View attachment 427628
View attachment 427629
For $10 I would have kept the old if it was still in working order.
Also, is it just the color of the pulleys or does the new one have a larger pulley?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at front brake pads on RA and noticed Wagner has ones that have solid abutment clips and clips with square holes. Why the difference and what years?
from what I recall I thnk someone mentioned there being some difference with the brake pads in 2007-2008, might only be certain models, that had a different caliper with a smaller pad mount (i think)
and that regular pads would not fit.
it's posted on the forum somewhere probably in this thread but it's been a while since it came up
might not be related at all but that's all I remember about brakes being any different, some kind of one off thing
@swathdiver might know

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For $10 I would have kept the old if it was still in working order.
Also, is it just the color of the pulleys or does the new one have a larger pulley?
I got a new, 'not reman' alternator. The new pulley is a solid aluminum, so it looks larger. Not steel.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looking at front brake pads on RA and noticed Wagner has ones that have solid abutment clips and clips with square holes. Why the difference and what years?
from what I recall I thnk someone mentioned there being some difference with the brake pads in 2007-2008, might only be certain models, that had a different caliper with a smaller pad mount (i think)
and that regular pads would not fit.
it's posted on the forum somewhere probably in this thread but it's been a while since it came up
might not be related at all but that's all I remember about brakes being any different, some kind of one off thing
@swathdiver might know

Good question. Came across the same issue while doing some research for the NNBS upgrade on my NBS, and I'm still wondering. Here's what RA shows for a 2010:

1714832846586.png

EDIT: Most hardware seems to be the solid clip; here's the difference (square hole on bottom pic):

Wagner ZD1363.JPG
Wagner ZD1363A.JPG

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good question. Came across the same issue while doing some research for the NNBS upgrade on my NBS, and I'm still wondering. Here's what RA shows for a 2010:

View attachment 427642

EDIT: Most hardware seems to be the solid clip; here's the difference (square hole on bottom pic):

View attachment 427643
View attachment 427644
on my previous brake pad change (on the 2012) I had bought some autozone pads, the clips that came with them would not stay on properly, I had to go back and pay another $10 for there generic clips, which fit and worked better, made no sense that they would sell different clips than what comes with the pads. Didn't really pay a lot of attention to the design difference but they worked and I re-used them for the most recent pad change, they were still like the upper picture but fit much better, like they were just slightly better quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz