What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped off the project 6.0 block, and another bin of parts, off at the engine shop to be cleaned. After lugging the block inside the owner was like, "you gotta check this out"

He was finishing up a Pontiac 400ci with six carbs for a customer's rat-rod.

f9Nd2tS.jpg

O2cGdfW.jpg

He's got a ton of other built engines in there to show off, but I was in a rush to get home and mow before the next week of rain. He said all the parts on my 154,*** engine looked to be in really good shape, minus the cam bearings. All he'll do ifirvthe block is polish the crank journals, run a hone down the cylinders, slap in some new cam bearings.

The heads will get a full service... skim, valve job, new stem seals, and install the BTR springs.

Plus everything going in the hot tank.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Dropped off the project 6.0 block, and another bin of parts, off at the engine shop to be cleaned. After lugging the block inside the owner was like, "you gotta check this out"

View attachment 427892

View attachment 427893

He's got a ton of other built engines in there to show off, but I was in a rush to get home and mow before the next week of rain. He said all the parts on my 154,*** engine looked to be in really good shape, minus the cam bearings. All he'll do ifirvthe block is polish the crank journals, run a hone down the cylinders, slap in some new cam bearings.

The heads will get a full service... skim, valve job, new stem seals, and install the BTR springs.

What's he gonna charge for his service with parts?

Grady_Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 427892

View attachment 427893

With all that work, you'd think the customer would have sprung for a new, decent harmonic balancer and pulley assembly.
Sounds like the shop does some decent work at reasonable prices.
Hard to find these days.
But, maybe I'm just too used to what it costs to do antique car engines. I'm saving up the $25k I need to have a spare engine rebuilt for my Pierce Arrow.

Last edited:

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all that work, you'd think the customer would have sprung for a new, decent harmonic balancer and pulley assembly.
Sounds like the shop does some decent work at reasonable prices.
Hard to find these days.
But, maybe I'm just too used to what it costs to do antique car engines. I'm saving up the $25k I need to have a spare engine rebuilt for my Pierce Arrow.
I want to say that the machinist said the engine has been in/out of the car a few times recently. It was in having a new top end put together. I'll ask him for better details next time I'm there.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must have expensive insurance, too :(
Where's my pups pics?

Also according to previous testimony I have read here, you have stated sir, and I quote:

"You couldn't tell that son of a ***** NOTHIN'"

Can you say that in the paper? Sunuvabtch?

Oh damn, wrong quote, sorry.

"Shouldn’t have to do the free travel mod unless you’re going lower than 4”

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bit off topic, but does this cause the car to have a 'hill assist' control? Because I swear when getting going from a stop on a hill it feels like it takes an extra push of the pedal like the brakes are holding without my foot on the brake pedal. Never bothered to look it up though.
Hill Start Assist was introduced in 2012. These vehicles also received Trailer Sway Control too. The EBCM holds the brakes long enough for you to move your foot from the brake to the gas pedal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas_Made