What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone...... Buy this book. Share it with friends & family.

It may look like race driving, but it is a life saver for the roads.
It's about car control. ( with some fun driving added )
" High Performance", in this book teaches your brain, not the gas peddle.
That is an awesome book. I first read it almost 40 years ago.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
98% of public road drivers do not know how to drive. The rest are professionally trained ( semi's, chauffeur, quality driver training school- taught)
The most dangerous are the people who "think" they know how....but never cared to really learn, and any advise, is an insult to them.
I learned to drive at a pretty young age and caught the speed bug. lol
we used to go out and race dune buggies in the desert, you didn't need a drivers license, tons of off-road 4x4 driving as well, then in washington state if you took drivers ed you could drive at 15 without a permit we had to do like 50 hours of supervised driving had the car with pedals on both sides so the teacher could hit the brakes or accelerate if needed.
the scariest part was having to "ride" in the backseat when someone else was driving lol

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I learned to drive at a pretty young age and caught the speed bug. lol
we used to go out and race dune buggies in the desert, you didn't need a drivers license, tons of off-road 4x4 driving as well, then in washington state if you took drivers ed you could drive at 15 without a permit we had to do like 50 hours of supervised driving had the car with pedals on both sides so the teacher could hit the brakes or accelerate if needed.
the scariest part was having to "ride" in the backseat when someone else was driving lol
Your last sentence...... Boy, do I agree !!

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember there was this one kid named "Ned" and nobody wanted to go if Ned was going to have a turn driving, but I figured I needed to witness this first hand if he screwed it up lol, He was scared and hesitant but did ok, we survived.
Coaching young drivers...... I encourage to drive, " not like them" his friends..... You will find your friends will prefer to ride with you, because you make them feel safe.
........................ : and girls : .....................

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teen age drivers........ 75% of all driver-caused deaths are due to a failed maneuver in a turn.

A turn can be entering a curve, too fast in a curve, weather-related correction, or an accident avoidance gone badly , etc.
( Accident avoidance )...... #1... Steer away from the problem. ( steering actually slows the car a bit)
#2..... Then slow down, using your brakes - smoothly,...drive straight as possible toward the safer area.
#3...... If you suddenly see an animal, or even a human, blocking your safe direction, and a limited room to avoid ( is there a cliff? )....... HIT THE OBSTRUCTION..... Or, you and/also your passengers, will die!
#4..... Return home with your friends alive.
#5..... ( head on collisions ).... A driver, coming toward you, falls asleep.... swerves into YOUR lane. This wrong side of road driver suddenly wakes up, seeing your headlights. As you cross into the opposite lane to avoid them coming at you,..... they suddenly correct their driving and steers back into their correct lane...... Where you just steered into. Guess who is blamed for the head-on collision? You, because the crash is in the other lane.

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the Lee parks motorcycle book called something like total control is really good too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bl74

Latest posts