What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that went way faster than I thought it would.

View attachment 428664
Good job View attachment 428665
Good job on getting that engine in your shed with no cherry picker.

I used to work with a veritable mountain of a man that pulled a Jeep short block out of his pickup and held it up so his son could attach it to an engine stand.
The dude is a monster, shaking his hand was like shaking a catcher's mitt.
If he has sunglasses on the top of his head he will knock them off walking through a doorway and he's about as wide as a doorway.

preinternet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I dedicated a lot of time to some mods on my Tahoe this weekend. I replaced my low beam halogen lights with one of HID Guy's kits, plasti dipped my chrome surround on my grille, tried to repaint my front bowtie (FAIL!), replaced my interior lights with LEDs, installed my holster under my steering column, and replaced a seatbelt latch on the driver's seat. Now I'm waiting on my rear door actuators to come in as well as the billet bowties I ordered. As soon as they get here I'll get to installing them too. Long weekend but I got it done. What did you do to your Tahoe/Yukon?
Kicked it

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good job on getting that engine in your shed with no cherry picker.

I used to work with a veritable mountain of a man that pulled a Jeep short block out of his pickup and held it up so his son could attach it to an engine stand.
The dude is a monster, shaking his hand was like shaking a catcher's mitt.
If he has sunglasses on the top of his head he will knock them off walking through a doorway and he's about as wide as a doorway.
That's the basement. I had realized the engine stand almost reached the stand plate when it was bolted to the block, so I mounted that, and made a little ramp rod the stand wheels. The block tilted and slid right out of the back of the car.

The only heavy lifting was getting the stand wheels 3-4" up over the threshold for the basement doors.

Reaction score
That's the basement. I had realized the engine stand almost reached the stand plate when it was bolted to the block, so I mounted that, and made a little ramp rod the stand wheels. The block tilted and slid right out of the back of the car.

The only heavy lifting was getting the stand wheels 3-4" up over the threshold for the basement doors.
How much does that aluminum block weigh you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottishJeff

Latest posts