what do you guys use on your wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's what I do with my chromies homies:

What process and products do you guys use? I'm interested in how some of the more educated guys do the chrome work.

Right or wrong here is the process I usually follow:

(wash, dry the truck body first)
1. Rinse the loose crap off the wheels
2. Spray all the wheels with Hot Rims Chrome Wheel Cleaner
3. Let it sit for a few minutes.
4. Wash the wheels a mild car wash soap
5. Rinse
6. Dry with microfiber
7. Use a can of air to get the water out of the rivets and center caps.
8. Dry again
9. Clean wheels with a carnuaba quick detailer or hydrophobic polymer quick detailer like Maguiars Ultimate for thin later of protection (makes #1 go much smoother)

Then about once a month or so, I use Mother's chrome polish with the Powerball Mini. I also follow that with a quick detail spray for a thin coat of wax or protectant.

I have used some other chrome cleaners but have yet to find one that I can't live without.

-BOSS

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meguiars Soap and Indiana Water

and Meguiars Mag Polish if I really need to.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

i really think it is the water that does it though..... got that culligan water softener and OMNI whole house filter ya know!!!!!

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wash mit or a towel. They are teflon coated and really nothing sticks to them that doesn't wipe right off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swampiesteve1