What else should I do while I've got my dash removed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HD_LS

Reaction score
I recommend replacing the ambient light sensor while you have the dash apart. It's very difficult to do otherwise, and they definitely degrade over time.

OP
OP
02Z71Raven

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend replacing the ambient light sensor while you have the dash apart. It's very difficult to do otherwise, and they definitely degrade over time.

Is that the one in the center of the dash cover, up front by the windshiel?

EvergreenZ71

Reaction score
What is this behind the passenger air bag? Do I need this?

View attachment 280799

Unless it had already been removed a 2002 Z71 should have had the OnStar module there. I know I pulled mine out from a bracket there and used the bracket to secure my HAM radio there with the remote head run up to the CD slots hidden by the door below the cassette player. I’m not absolutely positive that’s what it looked like 12+ years ago, but I’m pretty sure.

Just let my old 2002 go a month ago.

OP
OP
02Z71Raven

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: removed on star module (that's what it was) and the antenna system above the steering column. Missed a couple of plugs and had to pull it all apart again.
Tip for anyone doing this... Tag every connector you unplug with tape on both sides and number them.
Everything is back together now and working well.
Also, thanks for the tip on the ambient light sensor. I'm pretty sure mine was bad because my lights never shut off before and they do now and the dlr's work now too.

OP
OP
02Z71Raven

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Attachments

• 20210627_144001.jpg
    20210627_144001.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milano_II