What else should I do while I've got my dash removed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
02Z71Raven

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 hours after work just to get through the stuff I know by heart. Got to drop the steering column and then the front comes off.
I was pleasantly surprised that off you plug certain things back in it'll still runs and drive like this.
Also, found an after market gps system in there I didn't know was on it.

20210601_194857.jpg

OP
OP
02Z71Raven

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your lucky you have access to rust-free Trucks. Mine is from Richardson and the 3rd vehicle I have bought from Texas. We use to drive down to Dallas from MN and bring back rust-free cars. Love the junk yards down there too just have to watch out for the rattle snakes.

No joke on Rattlers! I'm in San Antonio and we have tons of junkyards and several that are pull your own parts yards so theyre fun to mess around in. I use this truck for a beach vehicle to drive down the islands, so it sees it's fair share of salt, but nothing like you guys got up north.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 hours after work just to get through the stuff I know by heart. Got to drop the steering column and then the front comes off.
I was pleasantly surprised that off you plug certain things back in it'll still runs and drive like this.
Also, found an after market gps system in there I didn't know was on it.

View attachment 280798
Were the stereo plugs and wires all cut up from the last owner ?

OP
OP
02Z71Raven

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were the stereo plugs and wires all cut up from the last owner ?

Nah that was totally me. I removed all the factory stereo equipment, just didn't take out all the wire from the amp out to the doors or cargo. The amp was in that lower spot where yours was. The unit I took the photo of is above there, but idk what it goes to yet. I'll have trace the wires or run the part number once I get it out.

Edit: I think what you're seeing is actually wiring for other stuff. The stereo wires are all gone. I ran all new wiring for the sound system, but I replaced the rear stereo controls and tape deck with led light switches and cig lighters and USB ports.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah that was totally me. I removed all the factory stereo equipment, just didn't take out all the wire from the amp out to the doors or cargo. The amp was in that lower spot where yours was. The unit I took the photo of is above there, but idk what it goes to yet. I'll have trace the wires or run the part number once I get it out.

Edit: I think what you're seeing is actually wiring for other stuff. The stereo wires are all gone. I ran all new wiring for the sound system, but I replaced the rear stereo controls and tape deck with led light switches and cig lighters and USB ports.
I figured it was not the amp it is much bigger. Must be for some other electronic options your Z71 has that a base Tahoe does not. Will have a P/N on it for sure hopefully it's still on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosn