What size tire without rub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dallasbbq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just picked up a 15 yukon xl. Getting ready to install new tires, wheels and leveling kit. Leveling kit is by daystar - 2 inch front and 3/4 rear. Black rhino Sierra 20x9 with +12 backspace wheels. Now I am trying to pick my tire size. I feel comfortable that 285x55x20 will work but am not sure that is agressuve enough. I want the avoid trimming and rubbing. Could I do a bigger tire without fear of rubbing??? Looking at the Nitto TG2. Please post picks of your ride if you have a similar setup.

Moliver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've just installed a 1.5" Suspensionmaxx front leveling kit to my 2015 Yukon XL and no adjustments to the rear. Sits almost perfectly level, about a quarter of an inch higher in the rear. Much better stance and the ride is great. Less body roll in turns an slightly stiffer.

After installing the leveling kit, I swapped out the 22" GMC High-Gloss black wheels for a set of 2015 Denali chrome wheels in 20X9 that were dealer take-offs. The local tire shop installed a set of Michelin LTX A/T2 285/55R20. These are slightly larger than the 285/45R22 that were on the 22's. Most likely could have installed the 285/55R20's without a level, but I wanted the front end raised. With the 1.5" level, no rubbing or any other issues.

Once you raise the front end, don't forget to adjust your headlights.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigburb3500