Who's supercharged?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Callaway Denalis 6.2s are running Eaton 2300cc TVS rotor pack super chargers with 3 intercooler chambers which means much cooler air intake at the heads.

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup
they use a whipple 2.9 (stock pulley), where as callaway & others use a tvs1900.
they will also do a bit more tuning.

also keep in mind this is HP @ crank, not tires. they rate HP just like manufacturers.
so we are really only talking 20-30 HP diff

henn - 508 (whipple 2.9)
calla - 480 (tvs1900)
linge - 475 (tvs1900)

now once you start doing supporting mods...this is where huge HP gains/differences can be made/seen.

That's good to know. I pretty much assumed that the Hennessey numbers weren't talking about HP at the wheel. Still I would have bet money that the 5.3L was only good for 450 to 475 max with only bolt on mods. I just crossed 5k miles on my 2016 Tahoe. My plan was to wait until 10k miles and then try to get a feel for exactly how much my dealership will let me get away with. With any luck, I'll be calling Whipple as soon as I recover from all the Dinan mods on the wife's BMW.

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd stay away from Hennessey, he jumps into forums from time to time and really shows his true colors

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's good to know. I pretty much assumed that the Hennessey numbers weren't talking about HP at the wheel. Still I would have bet money that the 5.3L was only good for 450 to 475 max with only bolt on mods. I just crossed 5k miles on my 2016 Tahoe. My plan was to wait until 10k miles and then try to get a feel for exactly how much my dealership will let me get away with. With any luck, I'll be calling Whipple as soon as I recover from all the Dinan mods on the wife's BMW.

You are good to go much higher. I was running over 550 on my 04 5.3L. But you are correct, with a 5.3L, no need to go larger than the 1900.

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dream of yanking the heads for a little work orca set of drop ins and possibly a cam when I do my supercharger. I figure with so much off the top of the motor this is a perfect time.

Just trying to find a cam that will give a decent bump yet not freak the tech out when come smog time in a few years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CWinstel79

Latest posts