Wipers come on at engine start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richardonrsrs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had this issue for quite some time. Wipers come on and go for a few seconds at engine start and then they just stop wherever they happen to be. Never fully down. Also there is no longer any intermittent functionality. If i turn them on at all they go at normal speed until I turn to high where they do go high. I have replaced the control stick and got a new rain sensor on amazon, neither of those did the trick. I guess I am left with the motor? I search for pulse board but am unable to figure out for sure if 07 have one of them. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and knows the fix.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my 07 and the problem was the rain sensor attached to the windshield behind the mirror. It sounds like your issue is more toward getting or losing power to the motor. I don’t think the rain sensor would cause the wiper motor to stop in odd positions unless your wiper arms aren’t in the correct place on the motor. Check all of your ground connections under the hood. They are a common source of goofy issues.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
07 YXL w/ 5.3. Does it have GM’s rain(non)sense wiper system?

As @Big Mama mentioned the rain sensor went through a design change. The sensor media attached to the glass was initially a goo poured onto the sensor and left to dry…. And eventually dried out causing problems.

There’s a replacement film sold on eBay now that’s under $10 that is the fix for the goo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWoolf777