wires - what did you do with them and how did you do it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevySSR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I have a lot of left over wires where the console used to be, under the dash and in the engine compartment.
I decoded RPO codes and have all of the harnesses listed in the special services manual identified.
Now, the question is, how did you use any of them?

so far I rewired Wiring Provisions for Horn/Siren Circuit - SEO 6J4 to make the horn work.
rewired Emergency Vehicle RoofLight - SEO TRW to power the red ceiling light.

I would like to repurpose Wiring Provisions for Vehicle Grille Lamps, Flasher, and Speaker/Siren - SEO 6J3 to install fog lights and power them.

could you share your experience and ideas on how to use the harnesses?

thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_6272.JPG
    IMG_6272.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6344.JPG
    IMG_6344.JPG
    334 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6345.JPG
    IMG_6345.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6373.JPG
    IMG_6373.JPG
    206.6 KB · Views: 3

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I have a lot of left over wires where the console used to be, under the dash and in the engine compartment.
I decoded RPO codes and have all of the harnesses listed in the special services manual identified.
Now, the question is, how did you use any of them?

so far I rewired Wiring Provisions for Horn/Siren Circuit - SEO 6J4 to make the horn work.
rewired Emergency Vehicle RoofLight - SEO TRW to power the red ceiling light.

I would like to repurpose Wiring Provisions for Vehicle Grille Lamps, Flasher, and Speaker/Siren - SEO 6J3 to install fog lights and power them.

could you share your experience and ideas on how to use the harnesses?

thank you!
The GM Upfitter guide will give you any idea of what they are and where they lead. There are specific versions for each year.

Page 80 of this document may help you get started.

OP
OP
ChevySSR

ChevySSR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost anything where you need DC. I’ve been involved in ham radio for decades, wire is good. Getting through the firewall is always a challenge, so having that done is a godsend.

I have strobes on my rigs. As visibility for dusty forest roads.

OP
OP
ChevySSR

ChevySSR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Almost anything where you need DC. I’ve been involved in ham radio for decades, wire is good. Getting through the firewall is always a challenge, so having that done is a godsend.

I have strobes on my rigs. As visibility for dusty forest roads.
yep, I agree, thanks for the idea, I have a CB radio I have not used in a while, might as well wire it in!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard A

Latest posts