Yukon headlight advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgraydotcom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my headlights, mainly for appearance. Not really fond of the OEM's. HID's not necessary. Just a simple "plug and play" headlight assembly, that will be able to use regular bulbs so that when they burn out, I can pick them up anywhere. I have a 2007 Yukon, in the blue/gray color. It has lots of chrome, but nice accents in black, so either black of chrome will be good. I would love for the big ol' DRL to be much smaller, or even move that function to the driving lights, and run the amber running bulbs in the assembly. Pictures of your rigs would be great!

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for posts by member Regency. He has some aftermarket Yukon lights. Not my cup of tea but you may like them.

Last edited:

Davey

Reaction score
Have fun getting the head lights out. It's not like they used to be pull two pins out and the light assembly pops out. Be prepared to pull the intake out, the inner fender wells, and part of the front end. It was such a pain in the A**! I don't know why GM changed it.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not that bad...

[yt]4ds6SMLIFS4[/yt]

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my headlights, mainly for appearance.

That's good because any improvement in appearance is going to be a sacrifice in performance. Yukon H13 oem headlights are not that great illuminating to begin with, but there's no aftermarket housing that equals them, much less surpass them. So it might look better to your eyes, but you won't see better with your eyes.

:)

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's good because any improvement in appearance is going to be a sacrifice in performance. Yukon H13 oem headlights are not that great illuminating to begin with, but there's no aftermarket housing that equals them, much less surpass them. So it might look better to your eyes, but you won't see better with your eyes.

:)

well put :Handshake:

6Gears

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Mattah....

Please tell me more about your headlights!! I just traded the wifes 05 denali off for a new one and really miss the projectors . I love the looks of yours.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmily8474

Latest posts