'01-'02 Denali steering wheel radio button lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

81X11

Reaction score
One of the steering wheel radio button lights (mute button) on my new-to-me '01 Denali XL is burned out. Anyone replaced one of these. I understand this wheel was only on the '01-02 models, and these are the buttons that mount on both sides of the air bag.

All the rest of my dash lights work. Would like to fix this.

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

2002-GMC-Yukon-Denali-XL-dash.jpg

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
You can take apart the buttons. They have tiny incandescent bulbs in there. Go to RadioShack and get some of their grain of wheat bulbs and replace them if you're good with small electronics and soldering. If not, just buy a new switch.

Mrhug3

Reaction score
You can take apart the buttons. They have tiny incandescent bulbs in there. Go to RadioShack and get some of their grain of wheat bulbs and replace them if you're good with small electronics and soldering. If not, just buy a new switch.

I haven't been able to locate new switches anywhere. Thinking about trying to take the switch apart, but it doesn't seem like there is an easy way without breaking it... Have you had any luck?

low01denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got finished replacing all the bulbs in the door switches, (including heated seat control) headlight switch, hvac control, factory radio, steering wheel controls, and the info DIC on my 2001 Yukon Denali with blue LEDs (due to 90% of them being bunt out. Took a few days because i had to basically figure out how to take apart every control and figure out where to place the LEDs and resistors. All I got left now is the gauge cluster, overhead rear hvac controls, rear door switches, and rear facing center console controls. I chose blue because there are some switches like the info DIC and radio that have a blue gel film behind the buttons that the light shines through; which with the yellow incandescent bulbs gave the dash light the famous GM greenish/yellow appearance. I figured it would be easier to keep everything the same color as the film to avoid varying color shades if I chose like red or orange or even green which is what i wanted.

So I know this is an old post but if you haven't fixed it yet this is one way to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968