01 Yukon Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retro77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Truck:
2001 Yukon XL 2x4, 5.3L, 1500 SLT
Maintenance:
-Partial transmission fluid change. The drain plug was stipped and I couldnt get the linkage off in order to get the pan completely free. So the filter was NOT replaced.

-Oil change recent

-Battery is about 5 years old

-Spark plugs and wire changed [left me stranded on the road]

Mods: 17" Denali rims, K&N air filter

I need some advise here. I've got two issues:

1.) Transmission slips when I slow down at a stop light but then hit the gas, even gently. I'm really scared to drop serious dough for a tranny rebuild or purchase. Are there other things to check to help solve this slippage?

2.) Electrical draw down: when I first start the truck, it goes through this tantrum phase of rough [like a steady wave length] idle and drops in voltage along with drops in RPM. Lights also dim if they are on. This happens with load [radio and A/C running] or with out load. Bad ground? bad alternator?

Thanks in advance for any advice! :emotions122:

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer your second question, if I am reading it right, you should clean out your throttle body and possibly buy some MAF specific spray and clean your MAF!! Seafoam makes some good throttle body spray cleaner called "Deep Creep" that you can hose out your throttle body with, wouldn't hurt to seafoam your truck as well, there are alot of how to videos on You Tube to show you what to do!!

01militaryukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey you go to tranmissionshack.com you can get a rebuilt tranny for the yukon for about 350 core exchange

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou