02 Tahoe Shakes While Driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jandito07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone I was hoping that you guys can help me out here. I have an 02 Tahoe and When Driving on the road it shakes really bad. Once I hit around 55 MPH and Up to 75 it just shakes! They Told me it could be the Bushings not too sure, Any help would be appreciated Thanks.

OP
OP
J

Jandito07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone I was hoping that you guys can help me out here. I have an 02 Tahoe and When Driving on the road it shakes really bad. Once I hit around 55 MPH and Up to 75 it just shakes! They Told me it could be the Bushings not too sure, Any help would be appreciated Thanks.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be a bad tire(s), maybe threw a balancing weight, alignment, bent wheel. hit any curbs lately? go to a local, reputable tire/alignment place. they will get you ironed out.

danniboi

Reaction score
Well that depends where its shaking from. Rear end or front. Check your control arms and ball joints. Jack one front tire up. Grab it at 12 & 6 and pull on it back and forth and do the same at 3 & 9. If their is excessive play then its the control arm and ball joint or tie rods. Wheel bearings you'll feel as your driving and turning you'll get like a popping sound from them snapping back into place especially at a slow rate.

jonstreet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been told my shaking is from out of bal. too. I had replaced alot of front end parts to no success. I would try bal. first if I could do it all over don't waste money till you really know whats going on. Bal. at a local used tire shop is like $20 10 a tire. Cheap when it comes to idler pitman arm ball joints etc.....

aguila852

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have old brake rotors and mine shakes to i need to replace them it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus