02 Yukon Wont start! Rapid Clicking upon key turn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lindgren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ugh! Went to start the 02 Yukon up. When I turned the key for ignition I heard rapid clicking... (electrical?) This has happened before and seems to just go away; though I was hoping to get to the bottom of the problem...

The car has power; keyless entry works, radio, lights, etc.. The car just doesn't even seem to try and turn over; just rapid clicking.

Any help would be awesome!
Thanks in advance!

Lindgren

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check starter fuse

B

brucebly

Reaction score
I agree with taho26. Most of the time when this happens you don't have a good enough connection with your battery. All of your small accessories will still work because there is a connection but to turn over the engine it take lots of amps which your battery can't deliver with a bad connection.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
usually when this happens it a weak/dying battery. how old is the battery? might as well have them test the alternator while you are there.

OP
OP
L

Lindgren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks I will try your coke/pepsi trick, lol... Now that you mention it, I did go under the hood and wiggle the terminals and corrosion crap fell from them...
Battery is pretty new though...
Does anybody else have problems with their terminals remaining tight? Mine seem like they are always loose? I used a pipe wrench once a month to tighten... lol

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or you can also use some baking soda with water, a little bit cleaner but with either one be sure to hose it off real good afterwards!! Also take your connectors off and scrap them up real good to to get a good connection!

Stockfornow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the battery doesn't have the full 12V needed to start the car. Try jump starting.

I would have the battery load tested as well.

taho26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your running any kind of stereo in your whip its gonna build up corrosion pretty often...best bet is to keep em clean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andraliahlee