03 Tahoe w/Bose amplified system aftermarket sub and amp install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DylanSorenson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am installing my new double din head unit soon and started thinking about adding an aftermarket amp and subwoofer(s) for more bass. The only problem is again not knowing how to deal with the stupid Bose amplifier. How would I wire everything? I know I need to run the power to the battery and the remote wire but would I tap into the amp for a line out converter? I haven't really had much experience with subwoofer installs so anything would help. I need basics please haha

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need a LOC if your headunit has RCA inputs which it probably does.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
D

DylanSorenson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So if I have RCA outputs on my head unit how would I wire it? Does the Bose subwoofer and amp just stay working or something?

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That headunit has rca outputs on it, so you will just need to run rca cables from your amp to the headunit, the bose amp will be useless, so you will need an amp to power your subs

alc5m

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all you do is buy the harness for the head unit, speakers are taken care of

put the power wire to the battery, ground it by the sub (i used a tie down point to ground mine), run the remote turn on wire up to the front and splice it into the remote turn on in the harness and run the rca's to the back of the head unit in the set of rca's specified for the subwoofer, and all of this is just to the amp that is powering the sub

bigemike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbow555