04 Tahoe Steering Column Noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schifty1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is the deal with removing the gas pedal.....I have a 02 without pedal adjustment..is it removed for for clearance

amaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine had the same noise that normally comes from intermediate shaft but didn't go anywhere even with new intermediate steering shaft (replaced for no reason... well at least now I have the newer version). The real reason that caused clunks, was the lower steering shaft.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced mine today, GM discontinued the grease kit and the new part doesn't require grease. The great fix they cam up with was make the tolerances closer so it doesn't require grease and sell it for $90 bucks. Ask the dealer for a discount cause I paid $61 for mine from a Chevy dealer. Takes about 30 minutes to put in if you have the power adjustable pedals cause you have to remove the gas pedal and it is a PITA to put pack on.

i have power adjustable pedals and i didn't have to remove any pedals to replace my ISS.

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so im thinking about doing this iss replace and have power adjustable pedals at least i think its on the driver door i push them and they brake moves so lol i guess thats its but how hard is it to install properly i have never done stuff like this before any help would greatly appreciate.

Gurba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does this apply the 2005 Suburban 1500 too? My dad's has this dry grinding noise when steering at low speeds. You can feel the noise in the steering Wheel.

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ISS does not make a grinding noise. More of a clunk feel in the steering wheel.

dabears51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have anybody got an idea what the grinding noise is?

My Suburban does the same thing but only while turning the steering wheel one full turn or so. More like a rubbing noise than a grinding noise though. I don't get the "clunk" noise at all. I followed a Youtube DIY video and took out the lower bolt from the I.S.S and pushed it in and out like 30 times before bolting it back up. Didn't make one difference at all. Maybe time for a new one I guess...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy