04 xl denali ac problem sanity check

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JetBlackNali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not my intention to derail the thread, but I'd be curious to know if that oil buildup issue might be due to overfilling with oil?

It's a stupid, yet common practice - one which I've gotten into shouting matches before - to blindly add an ounce of oil when doing an a/c service. Don't know where it started, don't know why. But damn near everywhere I've seen carries it forward. Guess measuring how much comes out during an evac is too difficult?

Have seen this too. Such a problem that gm added a filter. Never saw this problem when the pump was at top like the previous generation 5.7's.

OP
OP
C

Cy-Gor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay guys, i needed time to troubleshoot.

So with much drama and struggle I was able to get the damn clutch out to find out that it looked fine and didnt appear to be a problem.
FYI, you need an M8 bolt to use as a puller for the clutch disk, we tried and tried to just pull it off with no succes and finally went and looked at one at the parts store and noticed the different threads in the assembly.

That being said i did some pricing and it looks like it was way cheaper than i suspected to get a compressor and just replace it with rental tools from autozone.

I am looking at rockauto and i can't easily tell which kit i should get.

I do have rear air with controls for the rear. but there are at two different kits that look nearly identical

any tips?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay guys, i needed time to troubleshoot.

So with much drama and struggle I was able to get the damn clutch out to find out that it looked fine and didnt appear to be a problem.
FYI, you need an M8 bolt to use as a puller for the clutch disk, we tried and tried to just pull it off with no succes and finally went and looked at one at the parts store and noticed the different threads in the assembly.

That being said i did some pricing and it looks like it was way cheaper than i suspected to get a compressor and just replace it with rental tools from autozone.

I am looking at rockauto and i can't easily tell which kit i should get.

I do have rear air with controls for the rear. but there are at two different kits that look nearly identical

any tips?
I have looked at compressors for my 02 Denali (just in case) on various sites and found it confusing. Sorry Im no help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO