04 Yukon Starts on its own when I use the horn.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tboyle778

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2 weeks ago I purchased a 2004 GMC Yukon from a tow yard auction . (My first Yukon) It came with an intact but broken ignition lock cylinder (you cannot tell by looking at it but I can start the truck with my house key or a screwdriver etc.)
It came with no keys or fob.
Tonight I was sitting in the Yukon and I saw a buddy drive by , I honked the horn at him and without anything even in the ignition lock cylinder the Yukon Starts on its own!!
I know it is equipped with remote unlock because of the lack of door lock cylinders and the Rke sticker on the inside of the door , but I'm wondering if it also is equipped with remote start and perhaps whoever installed it may have wired it wrong. I was just curious if this has ever happened to anyone else . I have heard of vehicles starting on their own due to a mis-wired remote start system, but not when the horn is honked. Lol .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx