04 z71 tahoe - 2 Brake lights not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dbowl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an issue with my passenger side and my 3rd brake light not working. Only my driver side brake light is working.

What I've replaced so far.

- Brake light switch connected to brake pedal.
- Multi switch (turn signal, wipers).
- The electrical connector under the rear bumper where all the electrical wires for the rear plug into.
- bulbs.
- Fuses

None of that fixed the problem.

Any ideas?

Screwd up 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the 3rd brake light is a different issue. They are common to go out on these trucks. You have to buy a new LED strip from what I have read online (mine is out too0.

As for the tail light, I dont mean this in a deragetory way, but did you make sure you replaced it with the right bulb size? The truck uses a dual filiment bulb. If you did use the right bulb, are you sure you one of the filiments are not burned out? I know these sound very stupid to point out, but sometimes the most basic solutions are the ones that get overseen.

Does your passenger side running/parking light work?

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all, I'd use a multi meter to see if you're getting power at those places when the brake pedal is pressed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member