2020 Yukon Tail Light Assembly partially working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GreyWolfJeeper

GreyWolfJeeper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
One of those pins would have power for the tailights, probably a connector back to the main wire, check for power on the trailer plug. Could be a fault at that connection point.
Thanks, good idea! The light seems to have stopped after a recent towing trip too. i'll check there next.

OP
OP
GreyWolfJeeper

GreyWolfJeeper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I checked the trailer connector with a multimeter and the running lights blade registered voltage fine. No corrosion on both sides either.

I did notice that the each front side marker light is on the same fuse as the rear running light. The fuse is good and the side marker light is working.

I tried tracing the wire back, but on the ground there is not much room to work, so I don't see anything as far as I can trace it.

It looks like the passenger rear light assembly wiring harness runs across the frame and into another harness connector near the driver side rear axle. There seems to be a handful of connections feeding into this point. No visible damage there either.