07 Denali Transmission problems!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AR2007denali

Reaction score
I have an '07 Denali with about 130xxx miles on it. The transmission started acting weird on me and was throwing a p0776 and p0700 code after I would be driving along and it would flare in between gears and then it would kick down into what I am guessing to be 2nd or 3rd gear and wouldn't shift anymore. I had to stop the truck and turn it off for a few seconds to reset it and then I could crank it back up and take off. But it still would flare in between gears or shift hard. I took it to a shop to have the trans rebuilt because it had messed up the clutches and stuff. After I got it out of the shop with a full rebuild, it done the same thing on me again. So I called the shop and they said if it does it again to bring it back in. Well, it didn't do it again and I got a few thousand miles out of it and then it done it again here the week before last. I pulled down into a sloped driveway and parked it. I later tried to back out and it wouldn't do anything but just rev up and it done that in both D and R. So I finally got towed out of the driveway onto the street and it still wouldn't move. And then it started making a god aweful grinding noise and smelled like burnt clutches. Needless to say, I had to be towed home. And then it would only go in reverse. NO MATTER WHAT GEAR I PUT IT IN..

I took it to the shop again to have them look at it. Upon tearing it apart they discovered that the sprag gear had exploded and sent metal all through the transmission. It ate into my pump and bellhousing so I had to pay to have all that replaced, both the the bellhousing and the pump fins. They get it all together and I go to pick it up and if I am parked with the front end facing down a small slope and put it in reverse it will roll forward about 2 feet before it will even kick in gear! WTF! So the shop done all the relearns and stuff to the transmission and they say it will get better with time.

I drive it home which is about 30 miles away and it goes back into doing the same thing it was BEFORE I had it rebuilt and threw the p0776 and p0700 codes. WTH do I need to do or have them do? Can the solenoids be replaced individually? They are saying its like another $600 dollars for the solenoid pack!