07' Suburban 150,000 - To many miles to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juniorss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has 120,000 on it and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one with that many miles if it was well taken care of.

nick2440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say that with the money you will be saving try and put some aside for a rainy day repair that might pop up. Dont put yourself in a situation where if something goes wrong you cant afford to fix it. Especially if its a daily driver

OP
OP
bigbadchevy

bigbadchevy

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advise. When I go check it out at the dealership I will note that stuff and possibly take it over to a mechanic friend and see what he thinks of the shape. I'm more than able to do repairs on my own but I'm not very good at determining whats wrong or if something will need to be replaced soon.

Besides engine and trany replacement, what are some other big ticket tickets that could pop up on a higher milage Suburban?

Also random question but I haven't seen much on the topic of hauling stuff in a Suburban rather than a truck. Right now it's so easy to go just to Lowes or where and throw wood, plywood, sheet rock in the back and not have to worry about being to careful with it. Are the Suburbans able to load sheets of plywood and sheet rock well? I have my own wood working business and need to carry wood often. I really like the look and functionality of the Suburban along with more seating and better ride, but i still need to haul things.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normal sheet of Sheetrock fit in my Denali. The suburban is longer so you should be good.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '07 Burbie has 145,000 and still going VERY strong. After a good look over and test drive I'd say go for it if everything checks out.

OP
OP
bigbadchevy

bigbadchevy

Reaction score
Ok now I have a couple different choices; Tahoe load LT 15x,*** miles $15,900/ Burb load LT 145,*** miles $16,000/ Yukon XL Denali 141,*** miles has everything $17,500? All 2007's

Any Thoughts concerns for either of those? I really like the Denali, seems like you get more bang for your buck but just want to know if there are problems with the 6.0 engine or any of the fancier things it has? More to go wrong??

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

sorry the 6.2 engine.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok now I have a couple different choices; Tahoe load LT 15x,*** miles $15,900/ Burb load LT 145,*** miles $16,000/ Yukon XL Denali 141,*** miles has everything $17,500? All 2007's

Any Thoughts concerns for either of those? I really like the Denali, seems like you get more bang for your buck but just want to know if there are problems with the 6.0 engine or any of the fancier things it has? More to go wrong??

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

sorry the 6.2 engine.

It depends on what you need. How much room, etc. Me, personally, I'd go for the Suburban. I've got lots of love for them. :worship:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ela2q