07 tahoe 5.3 crank no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DurtyCurty840

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. My 07 Tahoe 5.3 won't start but it'll crank, I have spark, 55psi fuel pressure at the fuel rail, replaced the crank position sensor, cleaned the crank sensor ground and cam sensor ground under the truck in front of the driversside motor mount, and cleaned the negative battery terminal and ground on front passenger side of the block. It was running great drove it to the store parked it got in it six hours latter, started it was running fine forgot something inside shut it off, came back out started it again, and it was running really rough, shifted into drive drove 20' stabilitrak/traction control notifications engine light came on, parked it and shut it off, now it will crank sounds a little slow, but won't start. my fluids are fine I've never dogged it, the engine light is on but its not throwing me a code on any of obd2s I've used, on crank its not registering RPMs on crank. Its got 120k miles, oil smells a little like oil. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you hook up a scanner that reads live data and monitor the RPM?

Not a fan of swapping sensors willy-nilly because you don't know a) if that sensor is bad and b) you don't know if your new sensor is bad. Unless it is a known-good sensor, like from another vehicle you have and runs good.

How did you check spark? At multiple cylinders?

OP
OP
D

DurtyCurty840

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you hook up a scanner that reads live data and monitor the RPM?

Not a fan of swapping sensors willy-nilly because you don't know a) if that sensor is bad and b) you don't know if your new sensor is bad. Unless it is a known-good sensor, like from another vehicle you have and runs good.

How did you check spark? At multiple cylinders?
I have a buddy coming tomorrow with a live scanner, I used a plug light to check spark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcqkslvr

Latest posts