07 to 14 Tahoe HID Retro steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rebel Rifle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I've searched, and searched and searched and have not found a start to finish COMPLETE HID retrofit of an 07 to 14. The best I've found so far is this thread: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/headlight-retro.45831/

I have Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III (H1) and all the goodies to make them work but I'm still at a loss on whether I should break open my OEM headlights or buy some aftermarket. Could someone tell me why I couldn't buy these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-14-Sub...ash=item2eeefc9fdc:g:dcYAAOSw5HJXK~aE&vxp=mtr and retro fit the moromoto's in them? Or maybe open these up and put the HID bulbs I want with ballasts, etc?

Guys and gal's who have done this, help! I'm not posting this for lack of research because I have literelly spent hours searching through this forum, google, etc.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get those, but you'll need to replace the projectors with new projectors, not just swap bulbs. Those projectors are junk.

What most people will do is buy a new set of OEM style headlights and open them up, so you'll still have your OEM headlights if you ever need to swap back...

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Yea I did quad projector setup with quad hi beams. Don't buy oem headlights. The glue they use Dosent come off to easy. Those aftermarket ones come off like butter once baked. The ones you posted are the same ones I did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landxx