07 Yukon Denali transmission recall??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AR2007denali

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a recall on the transmissions on these vehicles? I've got mine in the shop getting it rebuilt and didn't know if there has been a recall on them for anything. The shop has given me the option for a zpack I believe its called, its supposed to beef up third gear with more clutches. 4l65e sucks. Haha.

OP
OP
A

AR2007denali

Reaction score
Your Denali should have a 6L80e in it stock not a 4L65e.

I kinda found that after after some research and then I seen your reply here to reassure that. Makes sense since it is indeed a 6 speed. Lol. Do you know of any upgrades that are possible with this transmission? More clutches or anything? I can't do the corvette servos with this trans can I?

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No vette servo for the 6spd. The 6L80's are pretty stout and should have no issues behind a stock/slightly modded 6.2. I am sure that there are upgrades out there, just don't hear of people doing anything much more than swapping in a higher stall converter.

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
A

AR2007denali

Reaction score
Thanks for that! I just got it rebuilt and the Damn thing still hesitates going into reverse. The shop called the dealership to see if there is a recall or anything on the trans and they said there is nothing. They said that the trans "learns" as you drive it. And that it would take a little bit of driving for it to smooth out and start shifting right after a rebuild.

When Im taking off and giving a steady amount of gas it still seems to feather into the gears. Like its slipping between like 2nd and 3rd I think. But if I get on it fairly good it shifts firmly and great. Is that just the way these Damn trannys are in the denalis?

I'm hoping it will smooth out and start shifting into reverse good. Any idea if something else could be wrong? Anyone had any of these issues?