'07 Yukon XL Denali - AirBag Issue - Scanner NOT Reading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mechahead

Reaction score
That code is for the front left crash sensor. Did they happen to get a symtom code along with it? It would show as B0083 00 or B0083 39. Something along those lines.

Your problem could be a simple as a bad sensor, or it could be wiring, although that's not common.

Make sure the battery is unhooked when you work on the system and only use new crash sensors.

Sent from my LG-JUNK using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That code is for the front left crash sensor. Did they happen to get a symtom code along with it? It would show as B0083 00 or B0083 39. Something along those lines.

Your problem could be a simple as a bad sensor, or it could be wiring, although that's not common.

Make sure the battery is unhooked when you work on the system and only use new crash sensors.

Sorry, no other info but the B0083 code.

Any idea what it looks like or an exploded view of the front so I know where to look for it?

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked up underneath the front and saw no wires or sensors.

A diagram of where the sensors are located would be a great help.

Anyone have one or know where I can find a diagram of the front end of a 2007 Yukon XL?

rocky20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I looked up underneath the front and saw no wires or sensors.

A diagram of where the sensors are located would be a great help.

Anyone have one or know where I can find a diagram of the front end of a 2007 Yukon XL?

The fron crash sensors are located below the plastic shroud towards the center of the vehicle. The shroud is attttached with 4 5/8" bolts or 15mm (cant remember whiich size). Once you take the shroud off you will see it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Mechahead

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't see your post. Between my phone and the computer I managed to miss it.

I did find that there were a few cases where the crash sensor wires had rubbed through under the fuse box under the hood, so it wouldn't hurt to check that as well.

Here is the only diagram I could dig up on it.

crashsensor_zpsd5b77c2d.gif

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sensors are on the left and right. Get under the truck on your back. You will see the bumper support brace it's black above the lower grill under the radiator. There is a space above it about 4 inches tall. Reach in there and you will feel your sensors. AparNtly it's common they go bad. Passenger side went bad on mine. What I did learn is you have to use a dealer one the aftermarket one did not work for me. I also had to take the sensor to the parts counter because they listed two different types for my Denali. 120 dollars later problem solved.

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a picture from an '04?

I'll look up under mine and hopefully general sensor locations have not changed that much on the '07's.

Much appreciated.

Bruce

Mechahead

Reaction score
The picture may very well be from a 04, but it's what comes up in Mitchell for the 07 locations.