08 Denali Tansmission Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ornderd08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 08 Denali, im not sure which transmission is in it however i do know it is a six speed and has the electronic shift. I had a transmission leak on the transmission cooler lines. I replaced the tranny cooler lines the tranny filter, and tranny fluid. When adding the tranny fluid i added 3 qts before starting the truck and then proceeded to add another 3 qts after slowly adding and running it through the gears. After i got the tranny fluid level in the correct range i took it for a test drive and noticed the tranny seemed to be slipping, it seems to do it only when it is either shifting or when it is low RPM's and i am gradually increasing the pressure on the throttle. I only drove it for about 10 miles after deciding its to risky to keep going. Thoughts anyone???????

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this check engine light on? If so the TCM may have valuable codes stored. Sounds like it may either be in limp mode or... too late and damaged

OP
OP
O

ornderd08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When going through the adding of the fluid and starting and driving i never once saw a check engine light of any kind.

OP
OP
O

ornderd08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took it to a tranny shop and had them take a look at it. They scanned the truck and it did not have any fault codes. He test drove the truck and said the converter was kicking in and out which was causing the "shuttering" feeling in the truck. After the test drive we were sitting in the truck with it running while he was doing some more tests, and the scanner tool was testing the solenoids and it was showing 3 and 4 as "OK" but every now and then it would flicker to "not determined". Is it possible i pinched a wire when installing the pan? Or possibly damaged one of the solenoids? I asked him that question and he gave me the...i don't know till you give me some money schpeal. Either way things are looking up, he said most likely i havent damaged anything and he also said i could continue driving it but just dont put to many miles on it (though i wont, the truck wont move till the problem is resolved) ill post my findings, hopefully an easy fix!!!!!!

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize you removed the trans pan. Yes you could have knocked the wires loose or broken the solenoids when removing and installing the pan.. seen it happen many times

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnk71