08 Denali with AWD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Widge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
08 denali w AWD
I'm looking at purchasing a used 08denali with AWD, vehicle has low 30's miles, but not powertrain warranty. I'm guessing I can purchase a warranty through gm on the powertrain. Are all denalis AWD , I'm more used to switching to 4wd when needed, what are the pros and cons to AWD. Is this vehicle a big in gas, I have a Tahoe LTZ and very happy with mpg's, I know Denali has the 6.2.

Thanks in advance for any input

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your worried about gas this may not be the vehicle for you. All denali's are awd. All in all they are great trucks. They have their issues but nothing out of control. What are they asking for it? Did you pull service records?

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Like Joe said - if gas is a concern, keep your Tahoe. You'll be running premium and getting ****** mileage.

OP
OP
T

The Widge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gas isn't a huge factor if the avg goes from say 15 to 13, but if it's like 9 or 10 mpg avg city/ highway then I'll keep looking for the Yukon xl with5.3. It's going for $28k with 33k miles, they say excellent condition

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your worried about gas this may not be the vehicle for you. All denali's are awd. All in all they are great trucks. They have their issues but nothing out of control. What are they asking for it? Did you pull service records?

2015+ denalis are 4x4 option. 07-14 are AWD.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The biggest issue with the 5.3 of those years are oil consumption generally causes by the Afm. Google it you will finds lots of info.

The 6.2 if your not going to mod it have been known to give 12-18ish mpg. One you start to mod it with intake exhaust rims Ect numbers will drop but fun factor increases.

OP
OP
T

The Widge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh I know the oil consuptipn thing with my Tahoe, thanks for info, what you think about the price, I'm seeing prices at dealerships dropping well below blue book , I think trade ins are coming in more with 15's

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Price sounds good. Ask for the records of what was done under warrantee. If your serious I'm sure we can all give you the exactly what to look for on the truck for your final inspection we have done it before many times over. If you search you may find those previous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925