08 Tahoe runs but will completely die after a few minutes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blacksheepstuntz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2008 Chevrolet Tahoe

Starts and runs but stalls after a few minutes

**Diagnostic Codes Present:** B3055, P0315, P0016, P0601, B2483

The Tahoe has been involved in a wreck. The previous owner replaced the heads, coils, plugs, wires, and crankshaft. I have a scan tool to relearn the crank sensor, but the vehicle doesn’t run long enough to complete the process. I drove it 40 minutes home last Sunday, and it would die every two minutes.

Where should I start to fix this issue

Last edited:

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
2008 Chevrolet Tahoe

Starts and runs but stalls after a few minutes

**Diagnostic Codes Present:** B3055, P0315, P0016, P0601, B2483

The Tahoe has been involved in a wreck. The previous owner replaced the heads, coils, plugs, wires, and crankshaft. I have a scan tool to relearn the crank sensor, but the vehicle doesn’t run long enough to complete the process. I drove it 40 minutes home last Sunday, and it would die every two minutes.

Where should I start to fix this issue
Welcome to the forum Newbie.

Code B3055, you need to replace the key fob. The bcm is not reading the key transponder.

Code P0315, you need to verify the crankshaft position sensor is OEM. Aftermarket parts are junk.

Code P0016. Has to do with the crankshaft not been read and ecm cannot determine what position the cam is in.

Code P0601. Please donot drive the vehicle w this code, you are going to damage the ecu. Did the ecu get replaced? Chances something within the ecu was damaged during the front end collision.

Code B2483. There is ground missing/ was not connected within the engine bay.

This is a perfect example of why you don't buy wrecked vehicles. Please post the solutions once you get the vehicle running. Might help another forum member in the future.

Good luck with the repairs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
blacksheepstuntz

blacksheepstuntz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Newbie.

Code B3055, you need to replace the key fob. The bcm is not reading the key transponder.

Code P0315, you need to verify the crankshaft position sensor is OEM. Aftermarket parts are junk.

Code P0016. Has to do with the crankshaft not been read and ecm cannot determine what position the cam is in.

Code P0601. Please donot drive the vehicle w this code, you are going to damage the ecu. Did the ecu get replaced? Chances something within the ecu was damaged during the front end collision.

Code B2483. There is ground missing/ was not connected within the engine bay.

These is a perfect example of why you don't buy wrecked vehicles. Please post the solutions once you get the vehicle running. Might help another forum member in the future.

Good luck with the repairs.

I traded my Jeep to a friend who needed a reliable vehicle and received this car in exchange to assist him. Additionally, I planned to salvage parts from this car for my other truck if the repair costs were too high. Moving forward, I definitely won’t be purchasing a wrecked vehicle again.

Regarding the ecu , I’m uncertain if it was replaced after the accident. I’ll perform a key relearn and crankshaft relearn, and I’ll also check for any missing ground connections. I’ll update you on my findings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffDubya