09 LTZ hitch cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

njlinuxmike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, my 3 week old (to me) Tahoe was rear-ended today, destroying the hitch cover. Does anyone know the best route to a replacement? Do they come painted? Mine is the larger size one that has the locking tabs on the bottom that hold it in place.

Thanks

Mike

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rear

is that the only damage it did?!

the person who hit you gets to pay for it, no?

Choppa Jon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was told that they do not make hitch covers for LTZ. I have an 07 and I want to get one. Any siggestions?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told that they do not make hitch covers for LTZ. I have an 07 and I want to get one. Any siggestions?

Someone gave you bad info. My '09 LTZ came with the [factory] cover.

1STIMEYUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think in 09 the ltz got the same bumper as the denali which includes a hitch cover. so the 07 ltz wouldnt come with a hitch cover unless you change to the denali rear bumper. or get one off ebay that just slides into the hitch receiver and i imagine it would be a pain in the ass to open everytime you wanna tow! just my 2 cents

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya the 07's didnt come with a hitch cover but you should be able to buy one that fits.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 Tahoe meaning I got the older bumper and got a trailer hitch cover from ebay that snaps into the hitch receiver. Came unpainted and got it painted summit white to match the rest of the bumper. Looks good but not as good as a conversion to the denali/esky bumper with the built in trailer hitch cover!

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah that thing looks funny. My bumper cover was stabbed with a forklift so I put on an Escalade one that had the hitch cover. Looks great. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52