09 roof rack delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prjct86Man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i removed the roof rack from my wife's tahoe and i need some way to hide the little metal studs that stick out. any one got any suggestions?

J-Will

#Merica
Reaction score
magic!

jk. ive seen ppl use touch up paint to kind of hide em. make em blend in. i honestly havent done anything with mine. and not one person has noticed them

OP
OP
P

Prjct86Man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i bought some touch up paint and some nylon plugs from Home Depot to help keep some water out of them hopefully.

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
..........i think you should have left them on until you got the eskies if that was the look you were going for some ppl on here have their racks up and still get water damage

OP
OP
P

Prjct86Man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
no escalade rack, no rack period. water damage a big problem with taking it off?

Porkins

Dead Terrorist
Reaction score
He wants a slicktop like the Police version. Do you have any pictures of the mounting studs?

OP
OP
P

Prjct86Man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
no, they are nuts with about a quarter inch at the top without thread and a slightly larger OD then the threads start below that. they have a flange that comes out larger than the hole in the roof and that is what needs to be covered. underneath the flange you can see a rubber grommet that looks to seal the stud against the roof. could the inside of the stud be sealed as is and the grommet takes care of the only surfaces that need sealing?

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made by ProStripe..you can get it at any Auto paint and Body supply shop...not sure if it is available in colors, but it is paintable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap