09 Yukon 6L80 TC shudder every 20k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh one more question... before I had it replaced I noticed that sometimes when on the interstate in cruise, cruise would just turn off randomly sometimes. That happened again for the first time in a while couple days before the rumble strip effect. Would a TC slip cause cruise control to turn off in that model?
Just a guess but probably...If the engine speed delta is high enough, cruise control may kick off...Will let others who know more about the cruise control systems in these trucks weigh in...

OP
OP
olliec420

olliec420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The engine speed doesn't jump, or if it does its not noticeable. Just cruising listening to the radio, looking out at flat FL terrain and I see the CC light go off on the dash and feel the CC disengage. I never thought of why until it hadn't happened again until now. No biggy though. Driving around town all day today since it shuddered last thursday and all is well so far. Will keep an eye on it. Will wait to take it in until I'm positive they can recreate the issue. Will keep updating.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The engine speed doesn't jump, or if it does its not noticeable. Just cruising listening to the radio, looking out at flat FL terrain and I see the CC light go off on the dash and feel the CC disengage. I never thought of why until it hadn't happened again until now. No biggy though. Driving around town all day today since it shuddered last thursday and all is well so far. Will keep an eye on it. Will wait to take it in until I'm positive they can recreate the issue. Will keep updating.
If the torque converter clutch is disengaging when you're in high gear cruise control, your engine speed is increasing - take my word for it...Whether it shows up on your tach is another matter...But any systems monitoring engine performance and activity for their own inputs/outputs, such as the cruise control system, will see it. if you were to plug in a bidirectional scan tool, bring up TCC and transmission live data then drive it, you'd see TCC slip speeds far beyond 10 RPM which is considered the max acceptable for a Converter Clutch that's fully applied (i.e. TCC duty cycle is at or near the preprogrammed maximum). I believe it takes two or three consecutive drive cycles for the TCC to slip before a DTC sets and stores...