09 Yukon Clear Headlights??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.Beezy

Costco Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if there are any OEM style clear headlights available for the 09 Yukon? Looked on Ebay so far and only found "rice rocket" looking projector headlights...

Just wanted to see if somebody has actually found a website for the clear lights or if somebody has details on how to remove the amber lenses.

1sikyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Their aren't to many aftermarket headlights out there....their is only 1 way to remove that ugly amber reflector and it is buy opening up your headlight, removing it, and sealing everything back up. Only problem with that, that most of us fear, is once that factory seal is broken your chances of getting water in the housing causing it to fog up is very likely.....if you want a full write up on how to open headlights, paint, and remove refloectors let me know.

OP
OP
R.Beezy

R.Beezy

Costco Member
Reaction score
link didnt work. can u resend link?

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

just google searched rockblocker/lamin x. i'd rather keep it clean and not stick tint on top. id rather just change the whole headlight assembly

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
then again mine was custom cut/installed over the reflector only area) You can't tell its stuck on unless you get like 2" away from it , the Lamin X actually looks like real painted work and not some cheap BS but hey thats just my $0.02!
The link is www.jonstintedtails.com

Choppa Jon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you tell me how to open up the headlight. I has a GS 400 that I baked in the oven and then they came apart pretty easy. I then had to epoxy them back together and use a sealant. These never leaked or fogged up.

Thanks

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can you tell me how to open up the headlight. I has a GS 400 that I baked in the oven and then they came apart pretty easy. I then had to epoxy them back together and use a sealant. These never leaked or fogged up.

Thanks

It's basically the same way with the Yukon headlights. Tahoe headlights are a whole other story, unfortunately. :(

alvilino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That film over the reflector is a great idea. Saves a bunch of money to do other things instead of buying new headlights!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy