09 Yukon downshifting noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Julian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I have a 09 yukon slt that I got new in 09 , About 6 mons. into the truck I started to notice the idle racing up while I was at a stop light and the truck felt like it wanted to lung foreward . Took it in for service about 8 times before they finally said it was fixed but now as I'm slowing down I can hear and feel the transmission downshifting .....Any ideas???,,,This has been ever since they claim problem was solved...:mad3:

twizzer18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't know of any solutions besides maybe returning to the dealer, but In my 08 yukon with the 4 spd I can always hear and feel the transmission downshifting when coming to a stoplight, I guess with the 6 spd its supposed to be smoother.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Julian,

Hello! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle after visiting a dealership. I might not be able to give you any technical advice but I would like to look into this concern for you. Could you private message me your name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage, and dealership you have been working with?

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care