14 tahoe 4x4 poor fuel mileage help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
First off, the larger rims & tires require more energy to get them up to speed, like city driving. The part that was left out is milage that high can only be pulled off with highway driving.

The motor and trans are new and tight. Give it a little time to break in. Check those fuel trims, o2 sensors & cats.

Only use OEM/ac Delco o2 sensors from known, trusted retailers to avoid the counterfeit overseas parts.

Congrats on the major refresh of the truck. Just take the diagnostics a bit at a time. If not done yet consider an engine trans tune from black bear

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Now to the point of all of this. This was supposed to be a good daily driver for the wife. When i was picking out the cam and other stuff from Texas speed i talked with there tech support on picking out my parts. There guy said they have done many of these builds with the stage 2 truck cam and they average around 23 miles per gallon. Since this build have put about 7 thousand miles on it and the best average fuel mileage is about 12.5 to the gallon.
I'm not sure what the spec's are for that cam but from experience a cam, tune and dod delete will get you worst milage than before. I have never heard anyone get 23 mpg on a 6spd tranny. My stock yukon on 32" tires gets 13mpgs. So 12.5 with your set up is about the best you are going to get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wrenchhead