1986 Suburban C10 Moffett Field NAS "Follow Me" Federal Fleet Vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marty_S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
An 86 4x4 Suburban spent its first 20 years at Moffett Field Naval Air Station as the Follow ME vehicle. It has no frills, no interior lights, no headliner, cup holders, radio, lighter... It does have 1.25" hard rubber flooring, space for 3 batteries, 2 alternators, electrical patch panel on passenger rear side wall warning of 11,000Volts and a self supported spring loaded platform for an operating flight line utility/duty rig. 350ci with 4 barrel carb, 4spd Overdrive automatic, locking hubs. 2 bench seats and hand crank door windows. It was my daily driver for over a year until it didn't make it across a creek crossing. There is a low end tak on one cylinder. It has sat since 2012/2013 closed up. I hit engine bay and exterior with medium power pressure washer but haven't been able to start it. Not getting enough cranking amps to starter. Not sure whether to make it into a nice daily driver or sell it to someone with the skills and desire to turn a federal fleet Suburban into a 2nd millenium show car. If interested send a message. Thx.5x7inch.jpg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it had barn doors it would be perfect. Thanks for sharing! I have had many of these old squarebody Suburbans. They are the most roomy and comfortable trucks I have ever driven.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road