1999 tahoe misfire on cylinder 8 after having new spider injector/pressure regulator replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pedub

Reaction score
Hello all, Had spider injector/ regulator replaced now throws a misfire on cylinder 8 and falls on its face when you boot it down, rough idle, looks like unburned fuel out the tail pipe, Never did any of this before I brought it to him, I brought it in because of bad fuel pressure regulator, (hard stating after sitting a while, did a pressure check and it failed) so I bought a ac/delco spider/reg and had this guy put it in and then the problem started. guys being a ass h&^* and says my part was bad (******** I don't believe it) anyway I think his mechanic maybe got 2 injectors crossed, he said that if that were true, I would have 2 codes? any truth to that? he blamed it on the new part I brought him, I will never do that again(bring the part) I was going to do it myself (wished I would have) but a friend recommended this guy and it was cheap $350 any help would be great . trying not to go to jail (this guy has a mouth on him) thanks'

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would probably have 2 misfire codes if injectors were reversed, I think.

I mean, any new part can be faulty even before you open the box. Why don't you ask him to recheck the fuel pressure? If the new assembly is bad, the fuel pressure would drop I'm guessing?

This is why mechanics don't like customers bringing their parts, yes.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are your steady state cruise fuel trims? What are your Fuel Pressures? Key on eng off, idle, cruise.

OP
OP
pedub

pedub

Reaction score
I Don't Know what the trims are, they still have my truck, I did talk to the kid that worked on it, he said he had a hard time getting the old injector body off of the upper manifold and had to use emery cloth on it to get the new one on, do you think it could be leaking now causing the misfire on 8 ? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alfred Simmons