1st day, ‘22 Tahoe High Country

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tahoe looks awesome! I got my White RST on Tuesday this week and it is awesome! The 6.2 is amazing!

Thanks for all your updates along the way. It made the wait a lot less agonizing.
The 6.2 is pretty sporty. Not quite as much punch as I hoped, and it’s got the typical split second Chevy hesitation when you first stomp on it, but higher end pull ahead is impressive. 55-70 still throws you back in your seat and makes you catch your breath a little. Overall I’m happy with it. Significant upgrade over the 5.3, which doesn’t quite have the sporty feeling to it.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don’t have a little North Pointer looking thing across the top of the info box? Use the left/right arrows in the button group on the right side of the steering wheel (in the border around the select wheel) to change the infobox to the Navigation setting

Attachments

• 27CD8ECA-6786-4D5F-ABD4-787C9DD79F13.jpeg
    27CD8ECA-6786-4D5F-ABD4-787C9DD79F13.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 12

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First impression, the truck is better than I imagined. Specifically the color, pictures really don’t do it justice. It has a blue tint, but is not really visible in any light I’ve seen it in so far.

Interior is better than I hoped. The bronze accents and fake wood trim is much less obnoxious that I thought they would be. I would still have preferred the RST interior, but it’s still pretty impressive.

The feature all work as expected. For the HUD will only show turn by turn in apple CarPlay in Apple Maps or when not in Car Play when using google maps. Strangely enough, google maps thru car play (as well as Waze) will not show turn by turn in the HUD.

They have removed turn by turn directions option on the digital display (behind the steering wheel) on the info screen. No clue why, there’s no option to add navigation there now.

The speed limit sign now requires the data plan to function. You get 3 months for free, after that, supposedly it’s no going to work.

The rear lift gate is slow and loud.

The power steps work flawlessly, and auto lighting on them on entry and leave were a surprise.

The rear view mirror camera was a pleasant surprise! Better than the mirror.

The 360 degree camera angles are great. It automatically shows from or read depending on the direction you are going. But it seems to be missing the “blind spot” mirror in the sides that my old vehicle has.

The power folder side mirrors are pretty cool, but I wish I haven’t figured out if I can automatically fold them on locking the vehicle.

Google assistant is nice when searching for gas stations, parking lots or getting directions to somewhere without typing.

First mod this week will be window tint. I’m going 20% in the front sides and limo blackout in the back sides and rear. Also going to add a 50% gradient visor on the windshield.

Also have my appointment for the week after next to apply the PPV, ceramic coat and blackout on most trim.

The week after that will be the new black wheels.

View attachment 367002View attachment 367003
I like that, I wouldn’t change it. I’m not a fan of those rims, it’s what’s coming on my new HC Silverado, literally had no other option than black rims. And I’m a chrome guy so...other than the AT4 with white/black combo, I love that. Dark ash is like the old tungsten color, my wife loves that color. Soon as the rear media comes back I’ll pry have to upgrade again lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: The cooled seats is the feature I never knew I was missing in my life.

Also didn’t realize it has lane assist on cruise control. On the right road with the clear white marking, it steers itself. That surprised me.

Still can’t get the adaptive speed on cruise to work, but I’m still tinkering with the.

The lift gate open/close with foot wave is a little too picky to be very practical, but maybe with practice I’ll get easier.

I think I’ve fallen in love with google assistant for voice command navigation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21DenaliXL