1st Gear Only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAMPATAHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So driving today. Came to a complete stop and proceeded to stepped on the gas. Truck moved but then lost 2nd gear. I shifted it into the Manual mode and bumped down to first and Truck started to move again. Bumped into 2nd Gear and no movement of the truck just the engine revving up. Bumped back into first began moving again at a slow pace and bumped it into 3rd still no forward movement. Bumped it back into first and floored it to 6k rpms and coasted towards my street as I began to slow down and make the turn I bumped it into Drive from Neutral and suddenly I have all my gears back and the truck drove normal.

Here is the kicker .. No Engine lights, No Limp Mode and no DTC codes on the TCM or ECM

did a little research and found that on ocassion the Valve Body balls can get stuck in the Valve Body Spacer plate stopping the fluid from flowing and allowing any shift and it will not show on TCM or ECM ... can anyone confirm this?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So driving today. Came to a complete stop and proceeded to stepped on the gas. Truck moved but then lost 2nd gear. I shifted it into the Manual mode and bumped down to first and Truck started to move again. Bumped into 2nd Gear and no movement of the truck just the engine revving up. Bumped back into first began moving again at a slow pace and bumped it into 3rd still no forward movement. Bumped it back into first and floored it to 6k rpms and coasted towards my street as I began to slow down and make the turn I bumped it into Drive from Neutral and suddenly I have all my gears back and the truck drove normal.

Here is the kicker .. No Engine lights, No Limp Mode and no DTC codes on the TCM or ECM

did a little research and found that on ocassion the Valve Body balls can get stuck in the Valve Body Spacer plate stopping the fluid from flowing and allowing any shift and it will not show on TCM or ECM ... can anyone confirm this?
Start here:
Thread 'GM 6L80 Transmission Information Thread'
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/gm-6l80-transmission-information-thread.141927/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24