2 inch leveling kit 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Since larger wheels are more common these days, the price difference isn't as bad as it used to be, but I'll guess and say there's a difference of at least $20-30 per tire for 22's vs 20's. Get on eBay and do some searching...I had the best luck on there, vs other online stores or tire dealers where I live.

The Toyo M/T and the Trail Grappler are pretty similar in looks, so It'd probably come down to price for me to choose. As far as tread wear between the Trail Grapplers and Open Country M/T's, I've never owned a set of either, so I couldn't tell you. In my previous post, I said I had Nitto TG's (=Terra Grappler)...I forgot that might be perceived as Trail Grappler, so sorry for any confusion.

Zed's Z71 looks sweet with the Trail Grapplers, so I doubt you could go wrong with those.

bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont run a mud grappler, i had them on my ford and they whined like a ***** on the road!!

OP
OP
C

Canes Baller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys that helps a ton! I think I like the trail grappler that is what I am probably going get! I know that they do not make wiper cowls for any of the new trucks and SUVs especially not tahoe's. Is there any wiper cowls from a previous model of car that would fit? Or can any be modified to fit my tahoe?

07warwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ I agree with the Trail Grapplers. I just put some Trail Grapplers on my Suburban and they look sick. They are a little loud, but with the windows up you don;t hear them at all. I will take pics tomorrow and post them.

OP
OP
C

Canes Baller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do any of y'all happen to know about the wiper cowl situation? I know there is not one made for it but can one be modified or anything?

OP
OP
C

Canes Baller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks man. Do any of you guys know anything about a wiper cowl? I know they don't make one for it, but is there any way one can be modified or a cowl from a previous model will fit?

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Canes,

If you want to change the subject and expect answers I would create a new thread and post it in the appropriate section.

ClovisQ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thinking of doing something similar and can't help jumping in with a question about backspacing and its impact on rub / width. I've got 2" front spacers on an '08 LTZ and want to fit 305/55/20's. Going with rockstars at a 8.5" rim width (same as the stockers), but thinking that a +10 backspace instead of the stock +31 might help with clearance??? And, for added benfit it'd push the wheels out a bit creating a nice wide stance. So, the question is this: Do the tires tend to rub on the inside or outside corners? If inside, this setup should be golden. If outside, I may be setting up for a mess of trimming and rubbing.

Btw, badass truck InTruckDesign...

07Z71hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey Zed do u have anymore pics of your Z71 with the 285 trail grapplers on it? just did the ccm 2.5/1 leveling kit and want to do the trail grapplers with stock wheels but would like to see some pics. thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattmoore939