2000 Denali exterior door handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vonneffdobermans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, new here...

Just bought a 2000 Denali, and the rear door handle and pass. side handle is I guess broken. It works, it opens the door. But the right side of handle wants to come out of the door. Like it has a loose bolt or something...

Any ideas??? Do not want to start getting into door, and mess anything up..

What sounds like the best solution. If I need new black handles.. Where should I go to get them...

Thanks in advance,

Vonneffdobermans

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
:welcome: first of all. Secondly, I would think that it would be repairable if the only issue is that it won't stay in. I'm sure there is either a bolt or something to catch/grab the handle to prevent it from going to far out and that is what you are missing. I don't know the internals of the door handles. If not worst case you buy just a new handle for that door. Doing a quick search for you the best deal I found was here

Copper&Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome,
Question: Is the handle wanting to come out in your hand, or just sticking in the open position? and do you have to put a good amount of pulling force to pop the latch open?

I had two of my doors sticking awhile back, at first I thought it was the handle but then it turned out to be the latching/locking module at the end of the door. The elements ruined the modules on mine, it was module that was sticking.

OP
OP
V

vonneffdobermans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, the doors are not sticking.. The handle is actually loose, and when you pull up on handle, looks like it will just fall out. The pass. side door, the trim is cracked around the handle, if that makes a diff. But the right side of handle comes out like 2 inches away from the body, and the rear door is worse. I did not want to take door panel off cause I was affraid of breaking soething, or not getting it to go back together.. lol..

If I need new handles, and that will fix it, then I have no problem with that. I guess I will have to take door panel off to check it out I guess...

Will it be visible to see to work on? or is it hidden under a bunch of other stuff?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe Brian