2001 Denali Refurbishment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Looks very nice, Mike. All the hard work you put into her definitely shows and will make you keep her even longer!

So what mods are in-store?

OP
OP

81X11

Reaction score
Looks very nice, Mike. All the hard work you put into her definitely shows and will make you keep her even longer!

So what mods are in-store?

Not sure yet. Wife wants headrest DVD players installed. I need to replace the one worn panel on the driver's seat and also want to fix the silver trim on the console around the cupholders, it's scratched there. Little stuff.

On the upside my wife Misty just called me. She took the Denali up to Dallas today, about 180 miles. No issues at all. Averaged 15.3mpg (woo-hoo...hahaha) with the cruise set to 80mph.

She totally loves it. I put her silver and maroon Texas A&M license plate frame on the back this morning and she loaded all her CD's in the changer before the trip. Said she sang along to the radio the entire way and her parents and sisters made a big deal over the truck, how pretty it is.

All good. She was pretty broken up (and so was I) about selling our Grand Prix GXP, and when I brought this Denali home all dirty and with the cracked Clearbra all over the front...she was pretty sure the truck was a big step down. I think she's changed her mind now.

So far so good!

-Mike

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
How are you going to replace the leather and have it match? The original leather is aged.

Also that seems low for highway. I average 17-18, but she was doing 80 which is a little higher rpm.

If you want more mpg try a cat-back exhaust, cold air intake and a tune. I drive mine to TN from Ohio all stock with a CAI and managed 17.8 mpg.

OP
OP

81X11

Reaction score
How are you going to replace the leather and have it match? The original leather is aged.

Also that seems low for highway. I average 17-18, but she was doing 80 which is a little higher rpm.

If you want more mpg try a cat-back exhaust, cold air intake and a tune. I drive mine to TN from Ohio all stock with a CAI and managed 17.8 mpg.

I've got a really good interior guy I've used for years. Have had him do things like this before. Will post before-and-after pics when I start the project.

-Mike

OP
OP

81X11

Reaction score
I need my drivers side leather replaced too....

Well it's common, you slide in and out over that one bolster every time you get in or out of the truck. Most upholstry shops can replace these panels. Lots of used car lots have this done before putting a car up for sale, it's common practice.

My guy, who I've used for 9 years now, is going to replace the lower panel, and possibly the upper panel...both have some wear, and is also going to re-pad the lower seat.

Will post before and after for sure.

-Mike