2001 Yukon door locks sticking? Solenoid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

indian mark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks, Mark here. I've been having problems with a couple of my doors not unlocking with either the door switch or the key fob. It's a bit intermittent, but seems to be getting worse. The rear barn door hasn't worked in a couple years, and recently the left passenger door doesn't want to unlock. Now the drivers door seems to be stuck. are there some kind of solenoids or actuators of some sort that can be easily replaced? Or should I tell my wife I need to get a new Escalade.

OP
OP
I

indian mark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, my wife said no on the new Escalade, so I'll need to address this problem. If anyone has dealt with door lock problems (or knows if there's a thread on it here or someplace else) please let me know. Thanks, Mark

2003denali26

Reaction score
Mark , the best thing to do is get that panel off and a volt meter and see if the lock motor is working, just make sure there is power going to it when you unlock/lock, if not may be a body control module, I bet the solenoids just need replacing tho, here is a video to get the driver panel off and take a peek, for a window regulator but is a very handy step by step.

Mitchell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5-pwdEHKWU

Last edited:

Sidepipes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a similar problem on my 2004 Yukon where the rear doors would hardly ever unlock, but would always lock after I was under way. From clues on the forum, I learned that there are two relays, one for locking and one for unlocking only the rear doors (?) located in the fuse compartment located on the drivers dash panel, accessed with the driver's door open!

I swapped the two relays and I could unlock again! Two new replacement AC Delco relays from Amazon.com took care of business! I guess the new Yukon will have to wait also!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe guy