2002 Tahoe groaning noise from passenger side behind lower part of dash.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kmapesii

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had temperature issue with my a/c and heater control. sometimes would stay stuck on heat. Then i started getting a groaning noise behind the dash on the passenger side. I replaced the temperature mode actuator. Seems to have fixed the temp issue. Noise went away for a few days and now is back. Could i be having another actuator going bad? No notice of any other symptoms now other than the noise.

Blakesdad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't know answer, but will be looking at this thread for a good answer. Its a common problem that I have and a buddy has also

dominer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
there are two actuators within the dash.... one for the temp control, and one for the Fresh air/ Recirc door. Could be that making the noise, but generally they will make a "ticking" sound when going out and it would be rare for both to go at the same time, but anything is possible. I just replaced my temp actuator and while I was in there, changed the recirc/fresh air one as well just because I didnt want to have to go back in there and take another two hours to get to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus