2003 tahoe matte/flat black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03tahoe 18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have an 03 tahoe thats a dark charcoal grey right now. it got keyed overnight at my house so now im lookin to get it painted but i wanna get it painted to the flat/matte black. anyone have this done to their tahoe? how does it look? how much and anyone know where i can get it done in the dfw area?? any help is appreciated

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
I've been looking into this myself. I think I may go the way of a complete vinyl covering in flat black. Much much cheaper than paint and if you don't like it, take it off.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat.. flat black looks sick when its done right but I always like being able to polish up my hoe and see my reflection

if you don't find anything, I say fix the scratches and keep the paint

not a lot of people have the charcoal color so it stands out as it is

OP
OP

03tahoe 18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks

i like your rims on the white tahoe, what kind and how much did they run you. i have some rims right now but they are brushed aluminum so im looking to get some black as well. and i do like my color but i just think the flat black is so different and no one has it around here so it might really stand out. especially if i add some black rims. also, are you saying it is cheaper to get the flat black??

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
It's actually Silver Birch Metallic, not white. But I was saying that the vinyl covering is much cheaper than the paint itself, which can be upwards of $2k-3k. My wheels are 22 inch DOA Dirtnaps. They were free from a friend. I had the chrome removed and I painted them myself.

OP
OP

03tahoe 18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah i realized the color was not white when i looked at some more of your pics. and i think those are very similar the the rims i have. what did you paint them with? and im misunderstanding are you saying paint is 2k-3k... and if thats the case how much is vinyl. this is part of a graduation present for me so price isnt my worry. more of my parents!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Open Road