2003 z71 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ncalvo

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My alternator was chirping - I assume bearings shot, and water pump was dripping tears. Replaced with alternator from napa.
Old waterpump was a cheap brand but lasted 5 yrs, the gaskets were caked on. Replaced with OEM pump + thermostat and fel pro gaskets this time around.
Everything is quiet and happy again up front

My dad and I are gonna go to a GM drive event next march I think it starts in TN... plannig to replace my oil pan gasket/pickup tube o-ring/oil and crank sensors and replace fuel pump and fuel lines before then

20241025_141530.jpg

20241025_141402.jpg
20241025_150739.jpg
VideoCapture_20241028-071021.jpg

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! That’s a lot of replacement parts. Have you kept a tally on how much you’ve spent?

When replacing the headlights with LEDs did you consider also adding a headlight full light module so that all lights are on with the high beams? Amazon has them.

OP
OP
ncalvo

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! That’s a lot of replacement parts. Have you kept a tally on how much you’ve spent?

When replacing the headlights with LEDs did you consider also adding a headlight full light module so that all lights are on with the high beams? Amazon has them.
A lot of replacement parts over the years for sure. I haven't kept track except for the big ticket items. I'd say over 14 years I have easily spent over 20k.
I actually recently saw that all lights on relay panel and will be picking one up soon.

OP
OP
ncalvo

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s the exact one I installed on my Tahoe. It works flawlessly.
Good to hear

Couple other things I am planning on doing replace my driver side mirror glass, the fluid must have leaked inside because it is tinted yellow.
Also going to try to fix the temp and compass digital display on my inside rear view mirror, from what I see it could just need some soldering on a couple connections inside it

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and do a quick CASE relearn after you change that crank sensor. Might save you from random misfire codes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gunter_17